Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th May 2006, 10:11 AM
PinkZeppelin Offline

email forwarding not working

Hi,
I am currently trying to forward all email coming from one domain name to another domain name on my fc4 box.
I was successful in doing this internally, but when I send an email from say, hotmail, to my new domain name, it doesn't work.

I think I was able to isolate the problem to my ipcop firewall. When I ping my original domain name, it responds from the email server.
When I ping my new virtual alias domain, it responds from the firewall and not the email server. I can't seem to figure this one out.

Also, if I ping the old and new domain name on the email server, I receive a response from the email servers ip address, so I am almost positve that the problem lies with my firewall.

I tried adding the hosts (/etc/hosts) to the firewall, which looked like this:
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.0.1 firewall.example.local firewall
192.168.0.8 dc.example.local dc #domain controller with DNS
192.168.0.2 example.domain1.com example
192.168.0.2 example.domain2.com example

my resolv.conf file only has the local host listed.

Also, I have port forwarding setup for my original domain name, but this is done through IP, so I don't think I could anything more for my new domain name. Hope this isn't confusing.

Can I have two of the same ips for two different hostnames? Any suggestions on how I could fix this?
Thanks for looking!

Tags
email, forwarding, working