Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st July 2006, 04:10 AM
wizegg Offline

Smile How to let a stream file (asf) seekable in linux?

Hi,

I wrote a script to record a radio stream everyday. The following command is used to dump stream in the script. It works well.
Code:
mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile `date +%Y_%m_%d`.asf mms:/xxx.xxx > 01_messages 2> 02_warnings)
However, the log file, 01_messages, tell me "Stream not seekable!". When playing the asf file by mplayer, video and audio are not synchronous. But, when playing the file by windows media player, they are synchronous. I try to fix the un-seekable problem by WM Recorder 10.2 introducd by the following link.
http://all-streaming-media.com/strea...f-seekable.htm
After fixing the problem, the asf file could be played well in any media player.

Is there a program could do the same fixing function in linux? I had tried mencoder/transcode to reprocess the asf file, but the result is not acceptable. Thanks.

Tags
asf, file, linux, seekable, stream

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On