Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd July 2006, 08:58 AM
njan79 Offline

how to play .ra files in music player ??? please help

hi

i have a problem i dont have a real player decoder for my totem player, where can i download the decoder for real player files.

im unable to install real player it says error

'./RealPlayer10GOLD-16112005.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

please help me.

thanks
Old 23rd July 2006, 09:03 AM
Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by njan79
hi

i have a problem i dont have a real player decoder for my totem player, where can i download the decoder for real player files.

im unable to install real player it says error

'./RealPlayer10GOLD-16112005.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

please help me.

thanks
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_cor...otes.html#Real

Actually, I'd go to the top of that page and follow it through to install other codecs, etc.

Wayne

Last edited by rondonjin; 23rd July 2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 23rd July 2006, 02:49 PM
njan79 Offline

hi

i already have the realplayer .bin file with me. i am unable to install the file as it says that my gcc compiler version is higher than required and so doesnt compile. can you tell me where can i get the decoder for realplay files for totem player ??

thanks
Old 24th July 2006, 01:12 AM
Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by njan79
hi

i already have the realplayer .bin file with me. i am unable to install the file as it says that my gcc compiler version is higher than required and so doesnt compile. can you tell me where can i get the decoder for realplay files for totem player ??

thanks
You don't want the RealPlayer .bin file, you want the RealPlayer RPM mentioned in the instructions I gave the link to, there is no compiling needed, even with the .bin file. Just follow the instructions on that page.

Edit:

When done, you may also want to open a Terminal, su to root and type realplay <enter> This will ask you if you want to set it up for Mozilla/Firefox.

Wayne

Last edited by rondonjin; 24th July 2006 at 01:15 AM.
Old 28th July 2006, 08:52 AM
njan79 Offline

it says i have higher version of compiler when i give the command yum -y install compat-libstdc++-33. so thats y im looking for decoder for .ra files..

Tags
files, music, play, player