Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th August 2006, 12:23 PM
thebigsam Offline

booting without a X login screen

My old install on FC5 used to boot without an X server or any pretty graphics ( so just the text) but i since did a reinstall and it is booting with a X server and log in screen. I remember reading somewhere how to change this but cant find it. Can anyone help?
Old 14th August 2006, 12:53 PM
ms1234 Offline

See http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Runlevel for quite a comprehensive summary of the runlevels. You want to aim for runlevel 3
Old 14th August 2006, 01:32 PM
thebigsam Offline

Thanks for the reply, but shortly after i found the file i was looking for. For RH and FC the file is in /etc/ and is called inittab, incase you where wondering.

Tags
booting, login, screen

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules