Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th August 2006, 02:34 AM
KhaiPi Offline

Can't set icon of taskbar button

I am trying to set the icon used by a button on the taskbar without success. I created a link to an application on the desktop and the icon looks right. But then when I drag it onto the taskbar the icon reverts to a KDE cog.

How do I set the icon to the PNG file I want?

Thanks,

KP
Old 20th August 2006, 09:54 AM
tomcat Offline

Is this on a KDE or Gnome desktop?? Right click on the icon → preferences. There will be a dialogue to change the icon.
Old 20th August 2006, 03:22 PM
KhaiPi Offline

It's a KDE desktop. I know how to set the icon or at least how it should work but it simply isn't working. If I create the link on the desktop first and set its icon everything is great. But as soon as I drag it on to the taskbar the icon reverts to the default KDE cog icon. It doesn't matter what I do after that I cannot get it to accept the right icon (which is a PNG file) unless I drag it back on to the desktop (at which point it changes back to the correct icon).

Thanks,

KP

Tags
button, icon, set, taskbar