Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th September 2006, 02:53 PM
erroneus Offline

Bluetooth mouse lag

Okay, so I've been using my new Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse with my Dell Inspiron 8600 with built-in bluetooth. It's snazzy! The setup was pretty easy when I discovered how. (See a previous posting for details and where I found the information. But it's literally 2 command-lines to type in order to make it work and work at boot time. Doesn't get much more simple without some sort of automated discovery daemon with a gui...)

So here's the problem:

1. The mouse perfoms normally except for random moments and periods of time where the mouse gets laggy. The mouse pointer still moves exactly where I moved, but it is noticably after I had moved it. It cures itself and mouse performance is again instantaneous with no intervention from me. I cannot reproduce this reliably.

2. Once in a while and not always during the "lag sessions" described above, the mouse just stops working. I can restore functionality by issuing the command-line that I used to pair-up the mouse in the first place. (restarting the hidd service has no effect -- the mouse must be rediscovered to bring it back.)

Still love my mouse but the reliability leaves me wondering where the failure is. I suspect that maybe there's some RFI affecting the bluetooth link but I know of no way to test it. Does anyone know of a way?
Old 5th January 2010, 03:29 AM
HMSS013 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
i too am getting Bluetooth based mouse lag... using Fedora 11
Old 5th January 2010, 05:17 AM
JohnJasonJordan Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
I have experienced the same problems, but not at the moment.

I started using a bluetooth mouse back when I had Ubuntu Hardy. I experienced the "mouse lag" that y'all describe all the way through Jaunty. But then I installed Fedora 11 and I haven't had the experience since. I also had the sudden mouse stop that y'all describe, but not since moving to Fedora.

I wish I could tell you what makes the difference. Why did the "mouse lag" and random "mouse quit" finally stop for me after moving to Fedora? If I had a clue I'd sure tell you what it is.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:25 PM
Aliaric Offline

linuxopera
Re: Bluetooth mouse lag

I have same problem with Logitech m555p. Mouse connects perfectly. But it have different lags, and mouse sometimes freezes on 10-20 seconds, its looks like it disconnects for a small amount of time.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:55 AM
erroneus Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

I haven't had this problem for a long time. I did switch to a Logitech NX nano that I am happy with, but I also still had some of that same lag. The problem wasn't likely bluetooth bit something else.
Old 2nd June 2010, 01:14 AM
rhricik Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Not sure which Logitech nano-xmitter mouse I am using,but it uses the IR laser (no red light coming from bottom). In fact, this mouse was left in the rain for a week - I found it, let it dry in the sun, turned it on. I didn't see any light on the bottom, so thought it was broken, but plugged it into Fedora 13 instead and was pleasantly surprised to find that it works automatically - I have it plugged in constantly, so it is there on power-up - never used the BT pairing on it. I had the 'wake-up' problem, where I would have to move the mouse a bit to get it working after it sat for a while, but never had the slowness or delay. With Fedora 13 I haven't even had that problem.

I have had, on the other hand, a real delay sometimes in the latest Firefox (3.6.3) -- seems to be happening when trying to load the "junk URLs" on a site (you know the ones that do all the advertising...)
Old 2nd July 2010, 01:55 PM
Aliaric Offline

linuxopera

I just bump it with core of the problem.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug...headAndLogIn=1

Tags
bluetooth, lag, mouse