Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th October 2006, 06:27 PM
fedoranewboydaz Offline

Samba file sharing and printer sharing problems..

Hi Peeps,

Im very new to Linux and have installed Fedora Core 5 with no problems and have used it as a desktop system for the last three weeks and found it to be a refreshing change to Windows.

Whilst i have my Linux Box connected to the network i thought i would try and get SAMBA up and running so i could share the printer on the network as well as the files on this system.

I used the tutorial found here http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=94257 and it worked like a dream with the shared folders last night. I was able to share my shared folder with the network. This morning i thought i would try and get the printer to share but couldnt manage it for some strange reason. So i checked the shared folder and it came up with the "you dont have access rights etc, etc,"

If i go through the motions i can get the shared folder to work but when i restart its restricted. I dont understand what im doing wrong. I'm a complete newbie to the whole Linux scene so any help would be appreciated.

Attached is my SMB.CONF File.

TIA Peeps

Daz
Attached Files
File Type: conf smb.conf (11.1 KB, 178 views)
Old 11th October 2006, 11:06 AM
joebie Offline

I'm not sure but i guess that u use cups for printing? If so does it work with cups without samba? If so there's a commented line in your smb.conf wich states "; printing = cups" remove the comment it might just work.

Tags
file, printer, problems, samba, sharing