Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th October 2006, 09:06 AM
bluejuice Offline

Migrate from default install to Raid 1

I have been trying (and failing) to find a solution to migrate a running system from a default installation of Fedora 4 to a full RAID 1 mirror including mirror of the /boot partition. I attempted to follow the tutorial from:
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/lpt/a/6553

However the problem is, when you do a default install on 2 HD (80GB) the resulting partition table is like so:
hda1 /boot 102MB
hda2 Volgroup00 76246MB
hdc1 VolGroup00 76348MB

If I to pvmove as per the step in the tutorial I get

# modprobe dm-mirror
# pvmove /dev/hdc1 /dev/hda2
Insufficient contiguous allocatable extents (2) for logical volume pvmove 0:2385 required
Unable to allocate temporary LV for pvmove

I assume this is because hdc1 ia bigger than hda2. So how can i get around this, or do i just have to resign to a complete new install.

Tags
default, install, migrate, raid

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On