Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th November 2006, 11:58 PM
THE Ralfinator Offline

Wireless keeps dropping connection on some routers

I set up FC6 on my Friend's HP laptop, and got the wireless working. (Woot woot! ) It worked beautifully over here, and i was able to download like 6.5 gigs without losing connection once. But at my friend's house, it'll only stay connected for maybe a minute at a time. We both have Netgear routers, but his is the 108 mbps model, while i have a 54 mbps. He doesnt have wep or anything enabled on it, or any access lists or anything, as far as I know. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be a problem detecting the right channel? Thanks for your time.
500 GB Western Digital Caviar Blue HDD
40 GB Western Digital HDD
Old 18th November 2006, 05:53 AM
THE Ralfinator Offline

To clarify a bit, i dont think its the driver causing it, cuz the card itself stays powered on all the time. The only thing that happens is it loses its connection to the access point. All we need to do to get it going again is to run Wifi Radar again and hit the connect button. But like i said, that only happens at his house. It stayed connected perfectly fine at my house. And its not distance from the router, cuz i was about ten feet away from it when this was happening.
500 GB Western Digital Caviar Blue HDD
40 GB Western Digital HDD

Tags
connection, dropping, routers, wireless