Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th December 2006, 07:09 PM
greenchuck Offline

New Hard Drive added, Fedora won't boot

I added a new hard drive, fdisked, installed it into my LVM setup. Expanded the volume that I wanted, but I kept getting the physical volume that belongs to UUID "...." does not exist, although everything was showing up. I did a pvscan and the error for the missing UUID went away.

I can't remember whether I made the change to fstab or not.

Now, I rebooted this morning, as my additional space did not show up on the volume in windows (samba), but I get a freeze on boot saying it can't find the physical volume.

When I boot to a rescue disk, I get a "you don't have any linux partitions installed". When I fdisk-l, all of my partitions show up. Maybe this is because it can't see my RAID controller?

So now I can't get to my original linux install. Any suggestions?

Have I lost data here? fdisk says my partitions are there so I'm assuming not.
Old 7th December 2006, 03:49 AM
sqbadyvr Offline

One possible issue is that your BIOS may not know which disk is your boot disk...if it's assuming the new one is, it won't find the loader in the MBR and will not boot.

Go into your BIOS setup and make sure that the machine has got the right disk as your boot disk.

Tags
added, boot, drive, fedora, hard