Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd December 2006, 02:29 AM
pinenut Offline

Question vsftpd - private IP vs. public IP

Hi,
I've set up a home network with a computer running FC4 and another WindowsXP.

My FTP server under Linux is vsftpd 2.0.3. From the WinXP box, I can connect to the ftp server with the local private IP address (ie. 192.168.1.118) with a user name and its password and upload and download files. But with the public IP, ftp.xxxx.org, I am able to connect to the server but get disconnected immediately with an error message, an established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

What would cause this problem?

pinenut
Old 23rd December 2006, 05:51 AM
loudnoises Offline

do you have a firewall enabled on your public side? If so, you will need to open udp 21 and 20. 21 is ftp listen and 20 is ftp data

Tags
private, public, vsftpd

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search