Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th January 2007, 12:17 AM
C1ivey Offline

MP3s on my ipod dont work when i used amarok

Hi I had a problem with MP3s not playing on my ipod, and I was wondering if anyone else had seen anything similar. I used soundjuicer to get some CDs of mine onto my computer and I then had to use soundconverter in order to change the files from .ogg to .mp3 so that the ipod would be able to play them. The files play when they are on my computer and there does not appear to be any problem with them. However after using amarok to transfer these files onto my ipod I found that when I try to play these files nothing happens, the speakers just make the same clicking sound that they do when you move around between menus on the ipod. I have transferred files using itunes on a different computer and they work fine so I think the problem must lie either with amarok, or perhaps with soundjuicer or soundconverter, although this seems less likely as the files seem OK when they are on the computer. Has anyone else had any trouble playing files when they have transferred them using amarok, or does anyone know of a better way to get tracks from a CD onto an ipod while using linux?
Thanks.
Old 20th January 2007, 03:58 PM
npsmith Offline

Fixed!

I had exactly the same problem. Following some advice from LinuxQuestions.org, I rebuilt the amarok rpms from source (1.4.4-6) and installed it (rpm -ivh --force *.rpm) and it worked.

What I'm really confused about is after I did this, I ran yum update, got the newly released amarok 1.4.4-6 rpms only to find they were still broken. I installed my 1.4.4-6 rpms that I had built earlier again and everything was fine.

I've posted my rpms on bittorrent. Get the torrent at http://www.klutr.com/amarok-1.4.4-wo...d-rpms.torrent
and I suggest you use Azureus to download, as I didn't post this stuff with a tracker, but with the distributed database.
Old 20th January 2007, 04:11 PM
npsmith Offline

And it appears that this dude got to the bottom of it as well:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...d.php?t=137223
Old 21st January 2007, 04:20 PM
ilbh Offline

try installing libgpod version 4
if you have version 3 installed

Tags
amarok, ipod, mp3s, work