I had exactly the same problem. Following some advice from LinuxQuestions.org, I rebuilt the amarok rpms from source (1.4.4-6) and installed it (rpm -ivh --force *.rpm) and it worked.
What I'm really confused about is after I did this, I ran yum update, got the newly released amarok 1.4.4-6 rpms only to find they were still broken. I installed my 1.4.4-6 rpms that I had built earlier again and everything was fine.
I've posted my rpms on bittorrent. Get the torrent at http://www.klutr.com/amarok-1.4.4-wo...d-rpms.torrent
and I suggest you use Azureus to download, as I didn't post this stuff with a tracker, but with the distributed database.