Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th February 2007, 03:06 AM
slade17 Offline

solaris dual boot install - only recognizes 4 partitions?

the solaris 10 installer appears to only recognize the first 4 partitions on a drive. I take it that's because the 4th partition is an extended partition. the partition i have designated for solaris is the third, but the swap partition is the 7th; the installer tries to split the solaris partition into a filesystem partition, swap, and home. is there a way i can share the swap partition i already set, and install the file system and home on one partition? and is there anything else i should watch out for? at the partition menu it said something about solaris not supporting linux partitions. i like linux installers better...

i really just want to test solaris out; thats how i ended up with fedora. i already set up the partition, but would something like vmware be a better option to look into?
Old 4th February 2007, 03:18 AM
friez Offline

i don't thinks so since bsd/solaris use a concept of slice with is different then the way linux use paritions
Registered Linux User #361584 :D

Tags
boot, dual, install, partitions, recognizes, solaris