Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd March 2007, 09:31 PM
bassman000 Offline

Dell laptop modem drivers, and wireless card drivers

I am attempting to return again to linux, and need a reliable source for drivers for a Dell "Latitude c840".

mainly i need drivers for the Modem because that is necessary for me to connect to the internet. it has a "PCTEL 2304WT V.9x MDC" modem.

I also need drivers for a LinkSys "Wireless-G Notebook Adapter Ver.4.0".

and a usb wireless card, "ENCORE ENUWI-G".

does anyone know of a good site that would have these drivers? or any of the other dell latitude drivers?

thanks for any replys!!
Old 2nd March 2007, 11:17 PM
Brian1 Offline

For modem support check this site out. http://www.linmodems.org/

For the Linksys post the model number of the card. Also post the section from ' dmesg ' about the nic.
For the USB plug in the nic and post the last 20 lines from the dmesg command.

Unless any are atheros based or intel then you will need to use ndiswrapper to work with them.

Brian

Tags
card, dell, drivers, laptop, modem, wireless