Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th March 2007, 05:25 PM
SoniX Offline

Gnome Main Menu

Ok some people may find this menu *****, others don't. It was designed with the code name slab and then introduced into Suse Linux. But will it be available in Gnome 2.18 for any distro?

Either that, I want to know if there is a tutorial online to make your own gnome applets, so that I can make a nice menu if it isn't available.
Old 5th March 2007, 01:45 PM
SoniX Offline

No one with some news about this?
Old 5th March 2007, 02:00 PM
Wayne

If you search through the forum you'll see that I've brought this up in the past but so far there's been no firm news. There are a couple of third-party RPMs floating around but I warn you not to try to install them. They will seriously bork your system, I know from experience.

Wayne
Old 5th March 2007, 02:18 PM
SoniX Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondonjin
If you search through the forum you'll see that I've brought this up in the past but so far there's been no firm news. There are a couple of third-party RPMs floating around but I warn you not to try to install them. They will seriously bork your system, I know from experience.

Wayne
Yeah I've tried them once, and I had the same result. But why is it that such a menu isn't available for all the distros.

And is there a way to create your own menu/applet?