Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th April 2007, 12:01 AM
mdogruel Offline

Suspend / hibernate in FC7 -- any better?

My question is simple: will suspend to ram/harddisk be any better in the new releases of FC7? Any improvements sought over FC6 in this regard?

This is my top-wanted feature to have on my laptop (HP DV6000), and have spent days and nights before to get it work on my previous hardware, but it woudn't work properly on the new machine on which I am running FC6.

The problem is not suspension, but usually recovery/waking up. Ubuntu (7.04), to my surprise, worked fine at the beginning. Even when Beryl was running (with a little bit of hack). But it became unreliable, too, after I started to use the laptop for work-related tasks "more seriosly", i.e., when installed more software and use more memory etc.

Can anyone, for example, recommend tweaks on the pm-tools' suspend scripts?

Any experinces about this? Any HP DV6000 users who succesfully use suspend 2 ram/hdd on Fedora Core 6? Or FC7?

Cheers
Mutlu
Old 27th April 2007, 12:21 AM
Firewing1 Offline

When using fglrx or nvidia's drivers, nope. nv and radeon should work very well though.
Firewing1

Tags
fc7, hibernate, suspend