Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd May 2007, 08:16 PM
i2ambler Offline

KDED not picking up thumb drive

Hello.. I have fedora core 5 running with kde 3.5. Kde is able to pick up inserted DVDs CDs when looking in system:/media. However, when inserting a thumb drive - it will not show up in media, even when dmesg shows the drive being picked up as sdb. I am also able to mount it manually.

This is not a big deal for someone like me who has experiece with mounting, unmounting, of devices manually - however - I am pushing to have fedora as a standard workstation OS at the company that I am working. (Kickstarted) everything looks a go except for this one thing.. any assistance would be great.
Old 2nd May 2007, 08:21 PM
i2ambler Offline

**UPDATE** If I reboot with the thumb drive in - the drive is there. (same with usb dvd drive). However, if I pull out the thumb drive and replug it - it wont be there! Is this a problem with hal itself??

Tags
drive, kded, picking, thumb

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On