Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st June 2007, 05:49 PM
dutchmanjay Offline

Question Installation problem. Installation keeps asking for driver.

Does anyone have a clue as to why my installation boots, states "Loading SCSI driver" for a minute or so, continues with letting me select language, keyboardtype and cd-rom drive (In the Installation Method screen where I select cd-rom it states: "What type of media contains the packages to be installed. I have my installation disk in the dvd-drive)... and then gives the the msg: No driver found , Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation type. Would you like to manually select your driver or use a driver disk ?

After I press "Select driver" it gives me a list with all kinds of scsi and raid controllers. The other options in the screen are "Use a driver disk" and "Back". Funny thing is, I don't even have a SCSI controller in my pc.

I'm pretty clueless as to what is wrong .

Thanks for your time,

Jay

Last edited by dutchmanjay; 1st June 2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 1st June 2007, 06:49 PM
Excited Offline

just wondering do you have sata on your pc (serial ata) only i believe that is often picked up as scsi... i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong...

as to a solution to your problem.. you could try searching these forums...

i cant say more then that as i 'm new to all this...
Old 1st June 2007, 06:54 PM
nokomo Offline

When asking about cdrom point to your F-7-i386-DVD.iso on your local disk.

Tags
driver, installation, problem