Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th July 2007, 04:38 AM
Thetargos Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx11384eb
Like you said I think it does run off its own Java libraries as long as you have 3D acceleration working. I believe you are thinking about Total Annihilation:Spring (http://spring.clan-sy.com/). But you still have to have the original copies of the game in order to get the maps files from the first game. But there is quite a decent size of original content and mods made for it. I haven't played around with it in a few month since I was still running Ubuntu on both my machines. I know there isn't an RPM package so you will have to compile it from source (http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Setup...b3_From_Source)
Building stuff up is not the problem... Covering the dependencies to build stuff IS the problem, especially when there's an obscure dep not picked up by autoconf and/or package-config

FedoraForum Community forums lurker.
Fedora user since RHL 5.2 :cool:

Systems: Laptop, Main System, Netbook.

Tags
advanced, age, command, conquer, empire, games, linux, similar