Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Other Versions > EOL (End Of Life) Versions
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

EOL (End Of Life) Versions This is a Forum to discuss problems and workarounds for versions of Fedora that have passed End of Life.

Old 3rd August 2007, 02:46 AM
jrhessey Offline

Installing FC6 - MythDora runs forever at formatting /storage file system

I figured I could get some help here, I know you guys don't put out mythdora but it uses FC 6 and was hoping someone could help me out.

I am trying to install Mythdora after getting all of the hardware quirks worked out of my system. However now when I try to install Mythdora, it displays the installing / file system moves to the /storage file system and basically just gets about 30 percent done and the progress bar nor hd led do anything. The cursor still animates and the mouse and keyboard still work. It doesn't seem like it's frozen, it just "stopped". Previously I had a Hauppauge 500 and I was able to install 4-5 times I think. The 500 was causing my system to freeze every time I clicked on Watch TV. Come to find out it had to do with a via chipset and the pci bridge in the 500 not being compatible. At that time though, EVERYTHING else was working I never had a problem installing anything. I decided to try a different mobo with and intel chipset so I could use the 500, and that was a nightmare for a beginner like me linux, so I switched back and got a 150 and this is where I stand. I've tried a different video card, not having the 150 in the system at all, installing only on the 80 gb hd, installing only on the 500gb hd, installing using both, a 40 gb hd from another pc, a different dvd-rom, dvd media, cd media. Everything does the same thing, it stops at that screen formatting /storage file system and appears like it will "run" forever. I did get this to install using everything from before minus the 500 about 4-5 times, I kept reinstalling because I thought there was something wrong with that process because the 500 kept locking my system up. Anyone have any clue what I could do to fix this? Thanks for any ideas!

Tags
fc6, file, forever, formatting, installing, mythdora, or storage, runs