Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st August 2007, 09:44 AM
pepribal Offline

USB pendrive automount

I've got an issue with an USB pendrive: in my Fedora 6 box it works fine: as soon as I connect the pendrive, the system mounts it, appearing the drive as an icon in the desktop.

However, in my Fedora 7, it doesn't. And it doesn't even create an entry inside the desktop "Computer" icon: I just can see the floppy drive (it mounts it if I double click on it), CD drive (same), Network, and File system. In my Fedora 6 it also appears an entry to mount the USB drive, even if I unmount it: it only disappears if I physically unplug it.

In my other computer with Fedora 7, I need to reboot the system so that my pendrive appears.

How can I fix this so that it behaves like my Fedora 6 box?

Thanks.
Old 21st August 2007, 10:13 AM
gala_dragos Offline

try to enable the icons from desktop configure menu. right click and you should have an configure desktop entry. go to device tab and check the types of devices you wanna see on your desktop.

good luck.
Old 21st August 2007, 12:29 PM
pepribal Offline

Well, I've browsed through menus and I've come across the application gnome-volume-properties; I've launched the app, and it was configured correctly at first glance; since I've opened and closed this application the USB mounts and unmounts perfectly well. Perhaps something wasn't well configured until I launches this app... who knows. Anyway, problem solved! Thanks!

Tags
automount, pendrive, usb