aannoying,annoying and annoying java
i'm using fedora 7...i've installed mozilla firefox and new java jre-6u2-linux-i586-rpm.bin package, following the instructions from java homepage...then, there was main step where i must "tell" firefox where
java is installed... and java says: " 1. Go to the plugins sub-directory under the Mozilla installation directory
cd <Mozilla installation directory>/plugins
2. In the current directory, create a symbolic link to the JRE ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so file Type:
ln -s <JRE installation directory>/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
* If Mozilla is installed in this directory:
* and if the JRE is installed at this directory:
* Then type at the terminal to go to the browser plug-in directory:
* Enter the following command to create a symbolic link to the Java Plug-in for the Mozilla browser.
ln -s /usr/java/jre1.5.0/plugin/i386/ns7
3. Start Mozilla browser or restart it if it is already running. Note that if you have other Mozilla components (ie: Messenger, Composer, etc) running, you will need to restart them as well.
4. Go to Edit > Preferences. Under Advanced category > Select Enable Java
i've done every step, only insted jre15.0 i entered jre16.0, 'cause my package is new, but that seems not to work...i tried some more stupidities, but i can't manage that...this is soooo annoying... please help me again...
Last edited by phrgarek; 28th August 2007 at 03:30 PM.