Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th November 2007, 01:36 AM
jaza Offline

Fedora Core 8 Media Playback ?

Hey all, i'm new for Fedora distro did tryout when the name was still Redhat.
Anyways i'm interested in mplayer,totem-xine and some codecs, i can find them for FC7 but is there a FC8 repo yet ?
Livna would seem to be most ideal repo for usage as it seems to have easy to install fglrx driver and most things i need...
So will there be livna for FC8 or are there any other repos around, i wouldnt want to wait 6 days to see if livna gets FC8 supported =(
And also if someone could point me to page that is similiar to ubuntuguide.org and is updated constantly if need, that would be nice, thank you =)
Old 4th November 2007, 03:20 AM
leadgolem Offline

Install the Fedora 7 livna rpm, then edit the /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-devel.repo file so that the developement repo is enabled. Then disable the regular livna repo. If you want more info, take a look here.

Tags
core, fedora, media, playback