Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th November 2007, 10:21 AM
georgesgiralt Offline

A chicken and egg problem : NFS and Wifi

Hi !
On a Fedora-7 laptop, I've set up wifi access using knetworkmanager (in order to get the WPA/Tkip to work). the WPA keys are on a kwallet (so into the home directory of the connecting user).
I plan to mount the server's home directory using nfs4 and autofs. For this, I need the wifi network ;-) And I need the home dir to get the WPA keys....
I'm looking at a way to get the Wifi working using Knetworkmanager daemons but with a "static" WPA key (if it was stored in encrypted form it would be nice) in order to get the wifi up at boot time. This way I will have the autofs mechanism working and my users happy !
Thanks in advance for your help !

Tags
chicken, egg, nfs, problem, wifi

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules