Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th November 2007, 05:25 AM
nelson-ray Offline

How to enable Compiz Fusion rather than Compiz in FC 8?

I just installed CCSM from updates - testing , and believe I have compiz fusion installed as well. Changing settings in CCSM is not working, so I believe regular Compiz is runing. How can I enable Compiz Fusion?
Old 9th November 2007, 06:50 AM
A.Serbinski Offline

You're missing the distinction.
Compiz is still compiz. "Compiz Fusion" is the plugins project for compiz.

To enable the "Compiz Fusion", you need to run your configuration program and enable/configure the fusion plugins.

Read this; http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/CompizFusionVsCompiz
Old 9th November 2007, 05:59 PM
stefan1975 Offline
"Stefan the converted" -- forum Macintosh® Glee Club leader

i know the distinction between compiz and fusion but I too have trouble getting this to work under f8, in other distros it seemed to be enough to enable plugins in CCSM, but here it does not seem to have any effect. I cannot find it under gconf either, so where is this switch where I enable fusion plugins?

thanks,
stefan
Old 9th November 2007, 06:09 PM
nelson-ray Offline

This article solved it for me http://lunapark6.com/fedora-8-review.html

"In order to get ccsm working I did have to do my own workaround. Fedora’s gnome-wm script would launch compiz with the gconf plugin rather than ccp, which prevented compiz fusion from running normally. A basic edit of gnome-wmf did the trick (gedit /usr/bin/gnome-wm & replace the line that has “gconf” with “ccp”)."

then it worked!

Tags
compiz, enable, fusion