Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st December 2007, 04:46 AM
XMAG Offline

command to send emails

Hi,

I need a command to send an email from terminal. The problem is I needed it to be a single line, just press enter and it's gone. The reason is I want to put this in a C program using the system() function, so it has to be something completely automatic, so when I run the program it will be as if I typed everything that is inside system() (like system("mv ~/a ~/b") would rename "a" to "b") in a terminal. So I can run it and the emails are gone, I don't have to type anything by myself. Is there such a command?

Thanks
Powered By Fedora 8 - Linux User #459400 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Old 21st December 2007, 05:11 AM
joiguru Offline

Hi
I think rather than find a single line program why don't you write a little shell script which will use your `multiline' program to send the email (like the mail command) and then use the system function to call that script. That way you can even have more control on your email !!

Tags
command, emails, send

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search