Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
  #1  
Old 4th January 2008, 08:41 AM
Wayne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Look ma, no hand!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl...2007/img/3.jpg

This is from the BBC news picture gallery. The caption reads:

Quote:
Surgeons in Taiwan have reattached a vet's arm after it was bitten off by a crocodile at a zoo in the southern Taiwan city of Kaohsiung as he tried to give the crocodile an anaesthetic injection.
Wayne
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 4th January 2008, 08:50 AM
Dan Offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Paris, TX
Posts: 23,279
This only justifies that within my sphere of influence, all crocodiles are to be correctly anesthetised with a 185 grain hollowpoint.

Crocodiles make wonderful boots and handbags.


Dan
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4th January 2008, 08:51 AM
Thetargos Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Age: 37
Posts: 4,423
Now that's a handy crocodile!

(or should it be handsome?)
__________________
If ain't broken, don't fix it! :eek:
If can be improved, go for it! :cool:

FedoraForum Community forums lurker.
Fedora user since RHL 5.2 :cool:

Systems: Laptop, Main System, Netbook.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4th January 2008, 08:52 AM
Wayne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I've got to hand it to you guys, you're too funny

Wayne
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 4th January 2008, 08:52 AM
Demz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
1 thing i never seen in person an thats a Croc, i should visit darwin or Queensland more
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 4th January 2008, 08:53 AM
Thetargos Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Age: 37
Posts: 4,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
This only justifies that within my sphere of influence, all crocodiles are to be correctly anesthetised with a 185 grain hollowpoint.

Crocodiles make wonderful boots and handbags.


Dan
I'd rather not... Better to avoid getting close to them, as they are an endangered species... After all it is us who usually get in their way, thinking they're in our way.
__________________
If ain't broken, don't fix it! :eek:
If can be improved, go for it! :cool:

FedoraForum Community forums lurker.
Fedora user since RHL 5.2 :cool:

Systems: Laptop, Main System, Netbook.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 4th January 2008, 08:55 AM
Thetargos Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Age: 37
Posts: 4,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz
1 thing i never seen in person an thats a Croc, i should visit darwin or Queensland more
I've seen a couple... In the wild!

Not as big as your salty water variants, though, but big enough (about 3 meters)
__________________
If ain't broken, don't fix it! :eek:
If can be improved, go for it! :cool:

FedoraForum Community forums lurker.
Fedora user since RHL 5.2 :cool:

Systems: Laptop, Main System, Netbook.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 4th January 2008, 09:03 AM
Demz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetargos
I've seen a couple... In the wild!

Not as big as your salty water variants, though, but big enough (about 3 meters)
iv'e seen a turtle but then who hasnt ? i dont think i ever saw one in a zoo when i was a kid either, .. i'll have to visit a zoo one day
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 4th January 2008, 09:05 AM
Dan Offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Paris, TX
Posts: 23,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetargos
I'd rather not... Better to avoid getting close to them, as they are an endangered species... After all it is us who usually get in their way, thinking they're in our way.
The important part of my statement was the first part. I have no intention of going into the swamp and starting a discussion with one. I expect the same courtesy in return. Therefore ... if one enters my sphere of influence, he/she/or it, will be immediately anesthetised.

Repeatedly.

Until I no longer detect movement ...

or I run out of hollowpoints.

Whichever occurs first!


Dan
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 4th January 2008, 09:12 AM
Thetargos Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Age: 37
Posts: 4,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
The important part of my statement was the first part. I have no intention of going into the swamp and starting a discussion with one. I expect the same courtesy in return. Therefore ... if one enters my sphere of influence, he/she/or it, will be immediately anesthetised.

Repeatedly.

Until I no longer detect movement ...

or I run out of hollowpoints.

Whichever occurs first!


Dan
I got the joke until after I posted and edited, but decided to leave the message... Darn, should go to bed, but I'm waiting on some packages to build
__________________
If ain't broken, don't fix it! :eek:
If can be improved, go for it! :cool:

FedoraForum Community forums lurker.
Fedora user since RHL 5.2 :cool:

Systems: Laptop, Main System, Netbook.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 4th January 2008, 09:14 AM
savage Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mission Control
Posts: 1,229
Wow the UK sucks for fun wildlife, the most we get is rumours (probably false) of a panther parading around some remote tree line somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 4th January 2008, 09:15 AM
Wayne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz
iv'e seen a turtle but then who hasnt ? i dont think i ever saw one in a zoo when i was a kid either, .. i'll have to visit a zoo one day
Umm, I think there's a small difference between a turtle and a crocodile, but don't take my word for it
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 4th January 2008, 09:24 AM
Demz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne
Umm, I think there's a small difference between a turtle and a crocodile, but don't take my word for it
yeah, though i havent tried putting my hand in a turtles mouth to findout if it had much bite ..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 4th January 2008, 09:24 AM
Dan Offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Paris, TX
Posts: 23,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetargos
I got the joke until after I posted and edited, but decided to leave the message... Darn, should go to bed, but I'm waiting on some packages to build
Know the feeling, although I'm just waiting for Kona to poke his head up again so I can play fedora forum whack-a-mole! <....>


Dan
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 4th January 2008, 09:26 AM
Wayne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Know the feeling, although I'm just waiting for Kona to poke his head up again so I can play fedora forum whack-a-mole! <....>


Dan
Can we draw straws to see who goes first?

Wayne
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FC5 on a D600 (need a hand) Treibok Hardware & Laptops 3 30th March 2008 07:48 AM
Task at hand trinimoses Servers & Networking 0 19th July 2007 08:05 PM
Left hand and the right hand? Zotter Fedora Focus 5 24th October 2006 08:44 PM


Current GMT-time: 00:52 (Tuesday, 23-12-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2012, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

FedoraForum is Powered by RedHat
...East Midlands Airport EMA Instagram Photos - Myanmar International Convention Center-I Photos on Instagram - Ty Coz Photos on Instagram - Hannah's Beach Resort, Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte - Southern-Most Tip of Africa Travel Photos