Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Old 12th June 2009, 12:29 PM
thorazine74 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewing1 View Post
Do you have Fedora 11 or newer?
If so, then deltarpm and presto are preconfigured on your system! You don't need to follow the steps below, just do a "yum update" and Yum will use any DRPMs available automatically.
I've just installed F11 i386 final from the DVD, I see that yum-presto plugin is not installed by default, I suppose I need to install it to get delta rpms right?
Also do I need to do the repo changes detailed in the first post or fedora official repos have built-in delta support now?
Old 12th June 2009, 01:43 PM
adrianx Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorazine74 View Post
I've just installed F11 i386 final from the DVD, I see that yum-presto plugin is not installed by default, I suppose I need to install it to get delta rpms right?
Also do I need to do the repo changes detailed in the first post or fedora official repos have built-in delta support now?
Quote:
Fedora 11 is presto-enabled! To use yum-presto under Fedora 11, run "yum install yum-presto", and it will work out of the box.
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/presto/
Old 12th June 2009, 05:17 PM
thorazine74 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianx View Post
Thanks! I did as indicated and it worked perfectly, I did the first system update and it reported a savings of 87%!!!! Good work!
Old 26th November 2011, 10:35 AM
leigh123linux Offline
Retired Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Presto: Speed up your updates and save bandwidth

Thread unstuck as presto is default in fedora.

Tags
bandwidth, presto, save, speed, updates