Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th March 2008, 05:04 PM
billb Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMESUT
Hi ,
I'm new on linux trying to learn i try few releases f7 ppc but i had problem everytime.
@billb can you give me link f7 ppc, otheros.bld and TRANS.TBL (i don't know do need) for download please...
thank you
The links for downloading the F7 PPC iso and the correct otheros.bld file are in the first post of this thread.

I don't think TRANS.TBL is something you need (I actually had to Google it to see what it was).
Old 26th March 2008, 10:33 AM
MadMESUT Offline

Question

thank you @billb
i have another answer i like to install fedora 7 ppc from usb disk (Portable Hard Drives) file system fat32, if possible what i have to do
thank you
Old 26th March 2008, 07:37 PM
billb Offline

Quote:
thank you @billb
i have another answer i like to install fedora 7 ppc from usb disk (Portable Hard Drives) file system fat32, if possible what i have to do
thank you
Someone described doing something similar in this post, but didn't mention how the external drive was formatted. Sorry, but I haven't tried that myself so I can't help.
Old 27th March 2008, 01:03 PM
MadMESUT Offline

@billb thank you
i have another problem
i have F-7-ppc-DVD.iso and check with sha1sum it is ok
but in installing there is a bug report here is the pictures can you help me please
1 2
Old 27th March 2008, 06:50 PM
billb Offline

I haven't seen that before.

Are you installing from a USB drive like you asked about earlier? Or is this from an install DVD burned and verified with imgburn (as described in the 1st post)?
Old 28th March 2008, 08:11 AM
MadMESUT Offline

I am installing from an install dvd burned with Alcohol 120%
thank you
Old 28th March 2008, 04:34 PM
billb Offline

Did it pass the media check in the installer with no problems? Is there any option to verify the disc after burning it with Alcohol 120%?
Old 29th March 2008, 11:58 AM
MadMESUT Offline

i burned dvd with ImgBurn checked verify after writing but still i have same problem.
Before installed ydl 6.0 (dvd media disk dms ) successful that was working very nice.
Now what i have to do? please help me...
maybe the problem my dvd media disks. I used dms 5 piecies i had problem than burned totem 1 piec still i have same problem, i could't find find best quality dvd media disk thats way i was asking installition from usb and link for iso and otheros.bld...
poor me :'(
Old 29th March 2008, 02:34 PM
billb Offline

I'm not sure what else to suggest ... assuming you have the correct F-7-ppc-DVD.iso file, it checks out OK with sha1sum, you're burning the DVD with imgburn, verify on, no errors reported, you have the correct bootloader as linked in the first post of this guide, and the install DVD passes the media check ... also your PS3 firmware should be up to date (2.20) ...

Normally this isn't a problem, but make sure you don't have any other USB devices or memory cards inserted when installing -- just the mouse and keyboard.

Other than those suggestions, I'm running out of ideas here...
Old 29th March 2008, 04:49 PM
MadMESUT Offline

my ps3 frimware is 2.01
i don't want to update frimware using ps3proxy for psn.
do i have update ps3 frimware ?
thank you
Old 29th March 2008, 05:09 PM
billb Offline

No, 2.01 should be OK, I would think...
Old 4th April 2008, 02:34 PM
MadMESUT Offline

@billb
i will try to install ydl 6 if it's help to put forward an idea...?
Old 4th April 2008, 03:16 PM
billb Offline

Quote:
@billb
i will try to install ydl 6 if it's help to put forward an idea...?
If you want help with that, see here. Good luck!
Old 5th April 2008, 10:03 PM
agentn2o Offline

Hello, billb... I have installed F7 on my PS3 and disabled services as you describe but I find the system a bit sluggish still and would like to recompile the kernel as described in section 4b of a guide for installing fc8 found here:

http://www.bohmer.net/ps3_stuff/inst...-8-on-PS3.html

It seems none of those steps are fc8 specific... if I boot into f7 and follow the steps there described will I end up with a clean and lean ps3 f7 kernel? And if yes... could one follow those steps to recompile other linux kernels for the ps3?
Old 6th April 2008, 02:33 AM
billb Offline

@agentn2o -- Sorry, I don't have any experience with that. Also, I don't see how it will provide much of a speed increase by doing it.

If you decide to attempt it, please make a note of how much free memory you have before and after.

Tags
fedora, install, ps3