Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd February 2008, 06:57 PM
ccustine Offline

Snap, crackle, pop with pulse on Fedora 8

When I play *any* sound on Fedora 8 through pulse (system sounds, audacity, etc) before the sound starts, and after it ends I hear a snap sound that sound just like Rice Krispies cereal I have looked everywhere expecting others to have similar experiences but have found nothing. The sound is not loud, it just seems annoying and I am hoping someone has suggestions to limit the otherwise perfect experience with PA.

I have tried setting different levels for the audio devices in pulse, but the volume of the crack sound never really changes. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 13th February 2008, 08:44 AM
rkmayer Offline

Same here. I was thrilled when sound worked off the fc9 alpha livecd, right from the start. First time for my p105 toshiba laptop. I run sidux and sabayon as well, and had to fix the dsdt and append it to the kernel in order to get sound. Sound works great after that with those distros. it is an ICH 7 , 82180G, snd-hda-intel kind of problem. I haven't played with all the settings yet, afterwards I will add dsdt and see if that fixes it. Will post results

Ralph

Tags
crackle, fedora, pop, pulse, snap