Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd February 2008, 08:07 PM
lazlow Offline

HELP track packet loss

Hey Guys

My internet connection has been goofy for the last two weeks. I do not think it is a Linux problem. Seeing up to 90% packet loss at random intervals between 3pm and midnight. I will be working along fine and poof 90% packet loss then poof I am fine again(sometimes a few minutes sometimes hours). Is there an application that I can leave running that will track packet loss? I know the loss is somewhere between the modem and the first hop. I replaced the modem last Sunday and they replace everything between the modem and the pole yesterday. Right now I am just letting ping run but that does not tell me when the packet loss occurred.

Thanks
Lazlow

Tags
loss, packet, track

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On