Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th March 2008, 02:09 AM
koperry Offline

Amazon Linux mp3

It's here http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/help...889555-9905525
Old 12th March 2008, 02:34 AM
Demz

catch22 i think,, by all means you can download them but you must convert them to .ogg or another format, just looked at it, doesnt seem to bad but whose gonna pay for mp3's these days when there's p2p apps to get them for free

Last edited by Demz; 12th March 2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12th March 2008, 03:30 AM
scotta3234 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz
catch22 i think,, by all means you can download them but you must convert them to .ogg or another format, just looked at it, doesnt seem to bad but whose gonna pay for mp3's these days when there's p2p apps to get them for free

True... But I think this is a great step forward; you'd be surprised how many people ask me for an Itunes/itunes store replacement for linux. For many, it's one of the larger things keeping people from making the linux switch. Sadly, I really feel like this isn't going to go anywhere. who knows though, we'll see.
Old 12th March 2008, 03:41 AM
koperry Offline

I have had itunes, realmusic store, etc. in the past, but since making the switch to Linux I found very little that would integrate. I have installed on F8 and it works very well.
Old 12th March 2008, 03:54 AM
Demz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotta3234
True... But I think this is a great step forward; you'd be surprised how many people ask me for an Itunes/itunes store replacement for linux. For many, it's one of the larger things keeping people from making the linux switch. Sadly, I really feel like this isn't going to go anywhere. who knows though, we'll see.
i dont think it'l go far either untill someone makes a Itunes like Player ( there might already be one i dunno since i don't use it ) but it maybe a step in the right direction,
Old 12th March 2008, 04:00 AM
scotta3234 Offline

What I don't understand is the fuss about i-Tunes as a music player. Is it really that great of a music player? Are that many people using it as a player? Last time I used it (which has been quite a while) I didn't see anything special about it. It was my understanding that people wanted i-tunes on linux for the matter of integration.... not just as a player; I could be wrong though.
Old 12th March 2008, 04:07 AM
Demz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotta3234
What I don't understand is the fuss about i-Tunes as a music player. Is it really that great of a music player? Are that many people using it as a player? Last time I used it (which has been quite a while) I didn't see anything special about it. It was my understanding that people wanted i-tunes on linux for the matter of integration.... not just as a player; I could be wrong though.
i used it once, boy was it bloated with crap, it was big to,
Old 12th March 2008, 12:15 PM
JohnBailey Offline

Quote:
i dont think it'l go far either untill someone makes a Itunes like Player ( there might already be one i dunno since i don't use it ) but it maybe a step in the right direction,
I assume you mean a music organizer/player that will also manage your music player. (apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick)In which case, Amarok does a nice job. Even downloads lyrics and cover art.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:37 PM
Demz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBailey
I assume you mean a music organizer/player that will also manage your music player. (apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick)In which case, Amarok does a nice job. Even downloads lyrics and cover art.
your right John, .. i domt use Amarok an when i have it dont download Album art to good, but i dont worry about that, some people tend to care to much about Album Art, the Lyrics i dont tend to worry about either as long as i can listen to the song which is all i care about
Old 12th March 2008, 02:48 PM
JohnBailey Offline

Quote:
your right John, .. i domt use Amarok an when i have it dont download Album art to good, but i dont worry about that, some people tend to care to much about Album Art, the Lyrics i dont tend to worry about either as long as i can listen to the song which is all i care about
Nice features, but not essential by any means. I tend to use it to keep my media player organized and to listen to lastFM streams.
Old 15th May 2008, 03:56 AM
Perpetual Offline

Now if Amazon will release a package for F9 since libcrytpo.so.6 and libssl.so.6 are required by the amazonmp3.rpm and F9 ships with libcrypto.so.7 and libssl.so.7.