Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
  #1  
Old 12th March 2008, 02:09 AM
koperry Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 51
Posts: 84
Amazon Linux mp3

It's here http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/help...889555-9905525
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12th March 2008, 02:34 AM
Demz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
catch22 i think,, by all means you can download them but you must convert them to .ogg or another format, just looked at it, doesnt seem to bad but whose gonna pay for mp3's these days when there's p2p apps to get them for free

Last edited by Demz; 12th March 2008 at 02:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12th March 2008, 03:30 AM
scotta3234 Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz
catch22 i think,, by all means you can download them but you must convert them to .ogg or another format, just looked at it, doesnt seem to bad but whose gonna pay for mp3's these days when there's p2p apps to get them for free

True... But I think this is a great step forward; you'd be surprised how many people ask me for an Itunes/itunes store replacement for linux. For many, it's one of the larger things keeping people from making the linux switch. Sadly, I really feel like this isn't going to go anywhere. who knows though, we'll see.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12th March 2008, 03:41 AM
koperry Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 51
Posts: 84
I have had itunes, realmusic store, etc. in the past, but since making the switch to Linux I found very little that would integrate. I have installed on F8 and it works very well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12th March 2008, 03:54 AM
Demz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotta3234
True... But I think this is a great step forward; you'd be surprised how many people ask me for an Itunes/itunes store replacement for linux. For many, it's one of the larger things keeping people from making the linux switch. Sadly, I really feel like this isn't going to go anywhere. who knows though, we'll see.
i dont think it'l go far either untill someone makes a Itunes like Player ( there might already be one i dunno since i don't use it ) but it maybe a step in the right direction,
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12th March 2008, 04:00 AM
scotta3234 Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 1,280
What I don't understand is the fuss about i-Tunes as a music player. Is it really that great of a music player? Are that many people using it as a player? Last time I used it (which has been quite a while) I didn't see anything special about it. It was my understanding that people wanted i-tunes on linux for the matter of integration.... not just as a player; I could be wrong though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12th March 2008, 04:07 AM
Demz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotta3234
What I don't understand is the fuss about i-Tunes as a music player. Is it really that great of a music player? Are that many people using it as a player? Last time I used it (which has been quite a while) I didn't see anything special about it. It was my understanding that people wanted i-tunes on linux for the matter of integration.... not just as a player; I could be wrong though.
i used it once, boy was it bloated with crap, it was big to,
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12th March 2008, 12:15 PM
JohnBailey Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz
i dont think it'l go far either untill someone makes a Itunes like Player ( there might already be one i dunno since i don't use it ) but it maybe a step in the right direction,
I assume you mean a music organizer/player that will also manage your music player. (apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick)In which case, Amarok does a nice job. Even downloads lyrics and cover art.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12th March 2008, 12:37 PM
Demz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBailey
I assume you mean a music organizer/player that will also manage your music player. (apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick)In which case, Amarok does a nice job. Even downloads lyrics and cover art.
your right John, .. i domt use Amarok an when i have it dont download Album art to good, but i dont worry about that, some people tend to care to much about Album Art, the Lyrics i dont tend to worry about either as long as i can listen to the song which is all i care about
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12th March 2008, 02:48 PM
JohnBailey Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz
your right John, .. i domt use Amarok an when i have it dont download Album art to good, but i dont worry about that, some people tend to care to much about Album Art, the Lyrics i dont tend to worry about either as long as i can listen to the song which is all i care about
Nice features, but not essential by any means. I tend to use it to keep my media player organized and to listen to lastFM streams.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 15th May 2008, 03:56 AM
Perpetual Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Decatur, IL
Age: 44
Posts: 110
Now if Amazon will release a package for F9 since libcrytpo.so.6 and libssl.so.6 are required by the amazonmp3.rpm and F9 ships with libcrypto.so.7 and libssl.so.7.
__________________
Fedora 9 (Sulphur) - Gnome
HP DV6910US Laptop
Linux Registered User # 449097
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
web service like Amazon EC2 janskey Using Fedora 0 23rd September 2009 06:41 AM
Amazon mp3 downloader seanb Using Fedora 3 15th July 2009 04:11 PM
Amazon Downloader 64 bit i_ata89 Using Fedora 0 30th December 2008 06:14 PM


Current GMT-time: 04:49 (Sunday, 21-12-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2012, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

FedoraForum is Powered by RedHat
...Tantillo's Farm Market Photos - Molalla, Oregon Travel Photos - Tuxtla Gutierrez Chiapas Travel Photos