Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st March 2008, 04:45 AM
sandlst Offline

Touchpad+Mouse issues (xorg.conf related?)

Hello, my final goal here is to have my mouse with all buttons working yet also be able to use the touchpad if I have to (like when I have the mouse unplugged). Originally my xorg.conf had no mouse entry, which caused my buttons to not be recognized correctly (although both the mouse and touchpad were working). Adding the correct mouse entry, my mouse suddenly stopped working completely. Eventually, I figured out it was because I had the "CorePointer" option on both my mouse and touchpad entries. Now, the device which has "CorePointer" enabled is the only device the system recognizes; if I disable "CorePointer" on both devices neither one functions. I've searched the Xorg.0.log after logging in, there are neither warnings nor errors with either device as long as only one has "CorePointer" enabled. The last line in the log is odd, it shows
Code:
ProcXCloseDevice to close or not ?
I've attached a copy of my xorg.conf file and Xorg.0.log, any ideas?

UPDATE

After spending a while playing with my xorg.conf, I've discovered that by deleting the touchpad entry both my mouse (with all buttons) and touchpad work; unfortunately the side-scrolling part of my touchpad no longer works, which is annoying.
Attached Files
File Type: conf xorg.conf (1.5 KB, 99 views)
File Type: txt Xorg.0.log.txt (39.6 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by sandlst; 23rd March 2008 at 03:03 AM. Reason: attachments

Tags
issues, mouse, related, touchpad, xorgconf