Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd July 2004, 09:10 AM
belthezar Offline

Broken images/graphics in Firefox + FC2

This has plagued me since first loading FC2 on the day it came out. For some reason, many sites give my firefox install (every version since .8 including numerous nightlies) fits when it comes to loading graphics. This site is an example of a "problem" site. It will load many graphics immediately, and then hang forever trying to get the rest. Often times it will get wrong sizing dimensions for graphics making them appear stretched out, or graphics will appear in the wrong places.

I have nailed down at least that this only happens when setting Firefox to go through my corporate proxy server, and only in FC2. I can load the same version of Firefox on windows using the same proxy server and all is well. Before I loaded FC2 I used gentoo and Firefox was fine there as well.

The only advice I found that sounded even remotely possible was turning off ipv6 support in modprobe.conf which I have done, but that has not helped.

Has anyone else seen something similar? I have linked a graphic showing the problem in case that helps.

Any advice appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken_firefox.png
Views:	226
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	3281  
Old 2nd July 2004, 09:11 AM
ilja Offline

it looks like a firewall
Old 2nd July 2004, 10:47 AM
belthezar Offline

How do you mean? It can't be the firewall causing the issue, as it has always worked before I used Fedora (on this PC) and it still works now on every other computer (out of hundreds) that use it.

There is something in the way that Fedora via Firefox is requesting the images that it gets screwed up, but I can't put my finger on it. It is not all sites, only perhaps 25% of sites. I have not tried other browsers under Fedora but perhaps that is worth a look as well. It could be that Firefox is not even part of the issue at all.

Tags
broken, fc2, firefox, images or graphics