Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd May 2008, 06:12 PM
jadube Offline

Fedora9 boot - alternate boot loader Bing + grub

I use Bing to load winXP and other Linux Distros on my PC (amd with multiple SATA/ide drives). I can 'successfully' install Fedora9 to a partition (parition 3 of 3 on hd3). And I use BING to create a menu/link to boot that partition...but I only get a black screen with 'GRUB' in the upper left. I've done an install/repair (it finds the Fedora9 partition) and tried a few things but am unable to boot Fedora.
Any suggestions? I found this Fedora8 note - does it apply? Also read a post from someone who said to use the following commands (which I have not tried).
sudo grub
find /boot/grub/stage1
#that returned hd0
setup (hd0,0)
Thanks for any advice.
Old 24th May 2008, 03:01 AM
stoat Offline

Hello jadube,

I think I would try re-installing GRUB in the first sector of the Fedora partition using the Fedora 9 DVD and linux rescue. It's not unheard of for GRUB to be busted sometimes immediately after installation. Often, just re-installing GRUB repairs it.

Tags
alternate, bing, boot, fedora9, grub, loader

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search