Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th May 2008, 08:22 AM
helloworld1 Offline

Warzone 2100 is not working after upgrade to 2.1.0 beta 2 in Fedora 9

The warzone is working well at first. But after an update, it is not working. The screen will halt in loading screen. Someone can help?
Old 24th May 2008, 08:25 AM
Seve Offline
Retired Community Manager

( Moved to Gamers Lounge )
Registered Linux User: #384977
.................................................. ............
See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)
Old 24th May 2008, 12:41 PM
beer_hunter Offline

that seems strange, works fine in F8. btw do you have opengl in fc9? what error does it give?
Old 24th May 2008, 12:54 PM
fizy

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloworld1
The warzone is working well at first. But after an update, it is not working. The screen will halt in loading screen. Someone can help?
try to disable SELinux and Compiz. write here what packages have you update. if you need to, with gpk-update-viewer you can view and rollback your last update...
Old 25th May 2008, 03:21 PM
helloworld1 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizy
try to disable SELinux and Compiz. write here what packages have you update. if you need to, with gpk-update-viewer you can view and rollback your last update...
It is not their problem. I have disabled SELinux(If enabled, I can not boot) and I never use compiz.
The previous version is working.
The rollback field is all white, I can not return to former version.
Old 25th May 2008, 05:15 PM
fizy

What version of warzone do you have now?
Name : warzone2100
Arch : i386
Version : 2.1.0
Release : 0.5.beta2.fc9
this one is the last in my yum...

As i don't have this game installed nor your problem... i can just suggest you something... for example take a backup of your configuration (the warzone's directory under your home dir...) and then delete the old folder...(yes, you have to take a backup or you'll lose all your setting and points...etc..). Then try to start the game, maybe it works.
You can also try to reinstall the game with "yum reinstall", but i really doubt that this will give you some advantage (as looks like the game works, but it crash after a while).
Old 8th June 2008, 12:05 AM
helloworld1 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizy
What version of warzone do you have now?
Name : warzone2100
Arch : i386
Version : 2.1.0
Release : 0.5.beta2.fc9
this one is the last in my yum...

As i don't have this game installed nor your problem... i can just suggest you something... for example take a backup of your configuration (the warzone's directory under your home dir...) and then delete the old folder...(yes, you have to take a backup or you'll lose all your setting and points...etc..). Then try to start the game, maybe it works.
You can also try to reinstall the game with "yum reinstall", but i really doubt that this will give you some advantage (as looks like the game works, but it crash after a while).
I am also using this version, but it doesn't work at all.
I deleted all the settings directories but it is no use at all. The game still halt at the start screen.

Tags
2100, beta, fedora, upgrade, warzone, working