Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th May 2008, 02:42 PM
knadoor Offline

Making a custom spin, Fedora 9 Live CD??

Hi,

I just wanna know if there are any good programs for Fedora 9 to make a custom spin?

As far as I know the one which F9 has, you can make a custom spin that allows you to select which files in the reposterories you want.

However actually I want to install Fedora on my machine, install all of the drivers for sound, video, DVD, flash, java, Eclipse C++ platform, adobe reader and etc...so whenever I boot my machine with the LiveCD I create it has all of the above.

Any ideas??

thanks.
Old 28th May 2008, 03:02 PM
JN4OldSchool Offline
"Sean The Terrible" -- The forum(er) Vista® rep

Just add the repositories (Livna) where you get your codecs and stuff to Revisor. This will allow you to also select these packages for your respin.
Old 28th May 2008, 04:02 PM
KKJensen Offline

I've never made a spin before but thought it would be great to have a runmode3 spin that would just start a machine and fire up a dedicated game server. This way any computer could be a dedicated server for as long as it needs to be and then rebooted as a normal machine. Some day I'll get around to trying this...
Old 29th May 2008, 01:40 AM
knadoor Offline

Ok, but with these packages can I put them in their own category? What I mean is you know how theres categories where you select your programs from such as "Programming, Office, System Tools and etc..." can I make a category called...well such as: "Restricted extras" or something?

Also I know we can add it to the repos, but is there any way to make the live CD that has all of these which I've mentioned before pre-installed so I don't have to do anything??? This is for a Live-CD only btw...not interested in making it into a setup cd as well...

Last edited by knadoor; 29th May 2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 29th May 2008, 05:42 AM
A.Serbinski Offline

Whether its in its own category or not doesn't affect whether or not you can add it to your livecd. Makes no difference.

BTW: you can't set categories. Thats done on the other end.
Old 7th June 2008, 04:18 PM
knadoor Offline

Hi,

i have all (well most) of the multimedia working in Fedora now...such as videos, music and etc...

i also have applciaitons like adobe reader, google earth, Nero Linux and etc installed.

I'm just wondering is there any way I can "image" my Fedora and make it into a Live-CD?

I know I can use revisor and select the repos, but I want my Fedora in its *current state* as a live cd.

any ideas?

thnx...
Old 9th June 2008, 04:08 AM
A.Serbinski Offline

Nope. Doesn't work that way.

Adobe and nero come as RPMs, so they are simple to add to a livecd... you just create your own repo and add it to revisor's list. Googleearth does NOT come as an RPM, so you'll have to make it into an rpm. Google will help you with that.

Tags
custom, fedora, live, making, spin