Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th June 2008, 12:11 AM
m.nassar Offline

Work Spaces on a cube

Dear All i have recently freshly installed fedora 9 and compiled the nVidia graphics driver for my geforce 6200 and it worked fine but in the Desktop effects the option of 'workspaces on a cube ' though is checked doesn't work i.e when i click any other workspace it changes to it normally not without the cube effect i have seen working in fedora 8 that's besides i don't know how to change the number of workspaces to 6 i.e to view the full cube not just the lateral side noting that I'm a linux newbie
Thanks in advance .
Old 4th June 2008, 01:21 AM
DoubleVision Offline

You may want to install gnome-compiz-manager (Search under System > Admin > Add/Remove Software). Once done, "GL Desktop" will appear under System > Preferences > Look and Feel. That will let you customize compiz a bit (including changing number of workspaces).

Did you try Ctrl + Alt + clicking and dragging the mouse? (Ctrl + Alt + Left/Right Arrow will also work).

To get it to work when you click the workspace icon SPECIFICALLY... I don't know, sorry. I had the same problem, but it went away after a few restarts.
Old 4th June 2008, 01:57 PM
m.nassar Offline

Thanks so much it works fine now

Tags
cube, spaces, work