Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th June 2008, 07:34 AM
gammag Offline

Fedora 9 and Dell Wireless 5520 on Dell D630

I have a Dell D630 with a Dell Wireless 5520 (Novatel Expedite EU870D) wireless broadband card. I installed Fedora Core 9 with default settings.
My card is correctly detected and the ttyUSB ports are present.
Network Manager does pick the card up, however this is where the problem is. It created a default connection which I did not utilise.
Instead, I created a connection called Vodacom, set the APN to "intenet" and entered the PIN code for the sim card. The username and password I left blank as I believe Vodacom South Africa does not use them.
When I try and connect, the icon just goes around and around and it just plain never connects.
I've never set up this type of connection before.
Any help / guidelines is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tags
5520, d630, dell, fedora, wireless

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On