Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th June 2008, 11:16 AM
dignaciojr Offline

Unhappy source code and kernel header modification

Hello guys,

Good day!

I am adding new variables to the tcp header(tcp.h) of the linux kernel and reflect this changes to the source code(tcp_input.c) .Kindly shed light to my confusions below:
1. Do I have to recompile the whole kernel to reflect the changes in the header files and source code(i.e., tcp.c, tcp_input.c, etc)?
2. If so, what are the necessary steps involved( i.e., re-compile process) to reflect the new variables I added to the header file and the source codes?
3. I already tried recompiling the whole kernel and I always got an error.

Thank you very much in advance for the help.
Cheers,
Dom
Old 17th June 2008, 04:51 AM
dignaciojr Offline

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. it was most helpful.Another question guys.

I want to insert an srtt estimated value into the tcp option of the outgoing packets of the tcp header.

1. I am confused on what specific source code( tcp.c, tcp_input.c or tcp_output.c) am I going to put the srtt estimate so that it is going to be captured by tcpdump?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Cheers,

Domingo
Old 11th July 2008, 11:22 AM
dignaciojr Offline

any reply on this everyone?
Old 6th August 2011, 07:49 AM
maitrik Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: source code and kernel header modification

Hiii!! I also want to modify tcp.h... Can you give me the ans?
1. Do I have to recompile the whole kernel to reflect the changes in the header files and source code(i.e., tcp.c, tcp_input.c, etc)?
2. If so, what are the necessary steps involved( i.e., re-compile process) to reflect the new variables I added to the header file and the source codes?

Tags
code, header, kernel, modification, source