Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th July 2008, 12:19 PM
Stone Dragon Offline

Sound on iMac Intel with F9: Howto solve it

Maybe most of the Mac-Linux ssers out there know already, but for me, the iMac has become usable yesterday as I found the following solution for sound in an arch linux forum: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=47594. It was always clear for me, that it's not a chip problem, as intel chips (on ICH8 boards) are very well supported in linux kernel.

As it seems most distros do not recognize the soundchip correctly thus not writing the following module-options:
Code:
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel model=imac24
At least, I know how to workaround now. Next topics is the bluetooth might mouse wheel and the ati driver for xorg 1.4 (which I just wait for).

EDIT: Sorry, first I had model=mbp3 which is powerbook, imac24 of course is correct (and sound is at least a bit better, if not yet very good)

Last edited by Stone Dragon; 29th July 2008 at 02:13 PM.

Tags
howto, imac, intel, solve, sound