Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th August 2008, 09:16 PM
chud Offline

Dropping packets after kernel upgrade

Yesterday I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.22.14-72.fc6 after not updating it in a while (not sure what the old one was) and now I'm having network issues. When I ping the box I get intermittent slow pings and timeouts.

Anybody know what may be causing this? I tried a new network cable but it didn't help. The network was fine before upgrading the kernel so I'm pretty sure that's the culprit.

I'd like to stick with FC6 if possible. I read about a bunch of issues trying to upgrade to FC7. This is an old pII450 box and is just used as a fileserver.

Thanks for any help.

Tags
dropping, kernel, packets, upgrade

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On