Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th October 2008, 02:00 PM
Psycho Offline

connecting a zune

hey, I searched these forums and the internet for a solution, but I can't seem to find a definitive one. does anyone know how to connect a zune to a laptop running fedora 9?
when I straight up plug it in, Fedora recognizes it and that it's a zune, but I can't access it.
Old 20th October 2008, 02:03 PM
Melio Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
hey, I searched these forums and the internet for a solution, but I can't seem to find a definitive one. does anyone know how to connect a zune to a laptop running fedora 9?
when I straight up plug it in, Fedora recognizes it and that it's a zune, but I can't access it.
It's a zune, and as expected your going to have a lot of difficulty running a Microsoft designed device to work with anything other then windows.

Granted, OTHER media players have accessable databases. but I'v never seen anyone have success with the zune.

I will keep this thread watched incase anyone has any success with it. MY personal zune got washed and no longer works. I'm considering taking it apart and bring it back to life. but it doesnt even look possible without using duct-tape to put it back together with.

video[ MSI NX8600GT Twin Turbo GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card (Dual Optiquest Q20WB LCD wide Screen Monitors ]
Linux Registered User #391755
Smolt Profile
Old 20th October 2008, 02:06 PM
Psycho Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melio View Post
It's a zune, and as expected your going to have a lot of difficulty running a Microsoft designed device to work with anything other then windows.

Granted, OTHER media players have accessable databases. but I'v never seen anyone have success with the zune.

I will keep this thread watched incase anyone has any success with it. MY personal zune got washed and no longer works. I'm considering taking it apart and bring it back to life. but it doesnt even look possible without using duct-tape to put it back together with.

hahaha. there's nothing wrong with a little duct tape!
Old 20th October 2008, 05:24 PM
JohnVV Offline

from Google did you look here a Ubuntu forum http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=316246
I could have sworn that Dmouse( danger mouse) or MjmWired had a how to but i can't find it .
It is looking like running Windows ( dual boot or in vmware )

h t t p ://celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/show_creator_details.php?creator_id=10
Old 11th October 2011, 05:54 AM
jorgesicas Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: connecting a zune

any progress on this? i just made my switch from Windows to solely running Fedora 15 and i just now realized that all my music downloaded from Zune software will no longer work.... any ideas?

Tags
connecting, zune