Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th November 2008, 05:26 PM
fedora001 Offline

Fedora 9 64-bit socket buffer size

We just moved from Fedora 5 32-bit to Fedora 9 64-bit. Our application with socket communication worked fine on Fedora 5 but not work properly on new Fedora 9 64-bit machine. We can only send small data and always get OS timeout error when data is larger (few KB or MB). We use ACE library and ACE library pass an error code 62 to us and were told it was from OS.

Somebody told us it might be the different buffering size between Fedora 5 and Fedora 9 cases that issue.

We were suggested to find out the buffering default to see if we can optimize our application's buffer size.

Anybody can tell me the related buffer size on Fedora 9? or where/how to find it?

thanks,

Tags
64bit, buffer, fedora, size, socket

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On