Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th December 2008, 12:42 AM
funksterX Offline

Question Q: Upgraded FC9->FC10 = booting and after anacron..BOOM! display lost!

Hi guys,

I upgraded FC9 to FC10, and during boot time as I understand FC10 is fumbling with switching mountpoints, that seems to be the first odd point for me..

but this is the real problem:

bootup sequence goes,

it prompts to go in interactive mode,

I press "I" but it does not acknowledge it fast

so I watch services starting up

after anacron

BOOM!

display lost! (monitor shut down, Linux is still operative as it shuts down when I blindly press power button to auto shut down the sys)

one notice:
on FC9 was installed proprietary ATI driver from ATIAMD. I think there might be the problem.

P.S.
sorry for previous post typos "WHI MIVED MZ KEZTIPS?"..I was typing in hurry blindy

Last edited by funksterX; 8th December 2008 at 02:48 AM. Reason: WHI MIVED MZ KEZTIPS?

Tags
anacronboom, booting, display, fc9>fc10, lost, upgraded

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On