Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2009, 12:31 AM
richjoh Offline

I have sound when I look at the Pulse audio "Volume Control", I don't hear anything out the speaker connected since I've followed the instructions here. I open the Sound Preferences set all choices to Pulse audio and do a "Test", no sound is heard. I have an M-Audio Delta 410 soundcard.

Does someone know how to make this work? FC 10 has NO sound.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:38 AM
marko Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by richjoh View Post
I have sound when I look at the Pulse audio "Volume Control", I don't hear anything out the speaker connected since I've followed the instructions here. I open the Sound Preferences set all choices to Pulse audio and do a "Test", no sound is heard. I have an M-Audio Delta 410 soundcard.

Does someone know how to make this work? FC 10 has NO sound.
run
Code:
alsamixer -c 0
from a terminal window and make sure all it's levels are up

Mark
Old 21st April 2009, 12:41 PM
richjoh Offline

Mark,
I run your command. I'm not sure how to set the levels. I tab to the "Playback" it not clear the level is set, the background is a dark dirt color. I see two controls labeled "Auto Gain" and "Loudness", how to I set these? If fact the LED indicator does not show up in the AlsaMixer....only the "Mic" LED is shown.
Old 21st April 2009, 11:17 PM
marko Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by richjoh View Post
Mark,
I run your command. I'm not sure how to set the levels. I tab to the "Playback" it not clear the level is set, the background is a dark dirt color. I see two controls labeled "Auto Gain" and "Loudness", how to I set these? If fact the LED indicator does not show up in the AlsaMixer....only the "Mic" LED is shown.
No idea, what you're explaining is completely different from what my alsamixer (version 1.0.19, Fedora 10)
shows me. In my playback view I have about 12 channels including Master, Headphone, PCM, Front, Front Mic, Surround, Center, etc.
I don't use Capture so I don't change that. My channel setup is probably so different because I'm using a HDA Intel (Asus P5E motherboard),
it has a lot of channels.

Left and right arrow keys to select the column (each of which is a channel) and the up/down keys to move the levels higher and lower.

Last edited by marko; 21st April 2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10th May 2009, 10:03 PM
farika Offline

Kernel 2.6.29.2-52.fc10.x86_64 always the same issue.
Old 10th May 2009, 10:22 PM
ogetbilo Offline
RPMFusion Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by farika View Post
Kernel 2.6.29.2-52.fc10.x86_64 always the same issue.
http://peter.fedorapeople.org/alsa_advicedog.png

Thnigs that rule: Angelina, TKT, Linux, Supergravity, Alcohol...
Old 9th September 2009, 03:41 AM
tsandesson115 Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
laser liposuction before and after pictures cost find pictures of a laser liposuction from before and after the treatment laser liposuction before and after pictures cost
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:14 PM
Andre Gompel Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
/etc/pulseaudio/default.pa.rpmsave
seems to be the file name.
Is it correct, or should it be renamed?
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:18 AM
marko Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Gompel View Post
/etc/pulseaudio/default.pa.rpmsave
seems to be the file name.
Is it correct, or should it be renamed?
rpmnew and rpmsave are temporary name extensions used by the package updater so that a new
configuration file that's in a new package update doesn't overwrite the existing configuration file.

If you're sure your file /etc/pulseaudio/default.pa.rpmsave has the settings your pulseaudio needs, it should be renamed to /etc/pulseaudio/default.pa
Old 18th November 2009, 04:54 PM
brian.tomhson Offline

windows_7ie
Very nice post with a ton of informative information. I really appreciate the fact that you approach these topics from a stand point of knowledge and information
instead of the typical “I think” mentality that you see so much on the internet these days.
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:46 AM
statesman88 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Smile Re: How to: Fix PulseAudio and primary audio issues with Fedora 10 (F10)

I'm running Fedora 14 LXDE on an old Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop; my sound card shows up as an Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller, with a SigmaTEL chip. My sound driver worked at first, but it suddenly stopped functioning. When I installed the yum packages you recommended and typed in "pulseaudio -k" in Terminal, it worked again. (When I went to edit the configuration file, it didn't have the line you said I was supposed to replace. I guess Fedora 14 works differently. Fortunately, it didn't seem to be necessary.)

So, I wanted to say thanks, even though this is an older thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
audio, issues, pulse, pulseaudio, sound