Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th December 2008, 05:14 AM
robertfdawson Offline

Question Failed to update package lists

I tried to check for updates and I got the following error.

failed to get a TID: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction" member "SetLocale" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.PackageKit") (0)

I checked System/Administration/Software Sources and the list was empty. When I installed I chose the default as well as the other two options. I suspect that if I add the correct Source I will be able to check for updates. If this is correct can someone please tell me the correct Source name(s)? If not, can someone please tell me what the error means and how to correct it?

Thanks.
robertfdawson
Old 20th December 2008, 05:54 PM
Lindy Offline

It's been my experience that cleaning up yum now and again helps a lot ==>#yum clean all . It also does no harm to rebuild the rpm db ==>#rpm --rebuilddb as a matter of routine maintenance from time to time.
Old 21st December 2008, 01:41 AM
robertfdawson Offline

I did both of these suggestions and there was no change when I tried to update the system. Can someone reply with the Sources addresses?

It should be located on your Fedora 10 system at System/Administrator/Software Sources. Mine is empty?

Thanks,
robertfdawson

Last edited by robertfdawson; 21st December 2008 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Provide path to info needed
Old 22nd December 2008, 02:43 AM
robertfdawson Offline

SOLVED - "yum clean all" then "yum update"

Last edited by robertfdawson; 5th January 2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: misspell

Tags
failed, lists, package, update