Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream The place for you to submit reviews of all those applications you use with Fedora. The Devs probably aren't listening, but some times you've just GOT to blow off steam or sing its praises.

Old 20th December 2008, 06:57 PM
B3rn4rd Offline

Post Fedora 10 on a Sony Vaio

This is a short review of my experience installing Fedora 10 on a Sony Vaio.

Model: VGN-NS135D purchased for around $700 cdn (with taxes)
Processor: Pentium Dual Core T3200
Memory: 3 gb of ram
HDD: 200 gb or was it 250 gb, I cant recall.
NIC: Marvell Yukon
Original OS: Vista Family edition premium

Prior experience with any form of Linux: Big Zero!!!! Actually I read a bit about it on the internet, and if it is on the internet, it must be true. (Okay, I know lame attempt at humour).

Installing Fedora 10 in dual boot has been a breeze. First I used Vista to repartition the drive and allow some Linux space.
Since my experience on Linux was nil, I did experience some jitters, hoping that I do not overwrite the windows partition, however the instructions on the downloaded install disk were reasonably clear, and I had made the infamous Windows re install disk.

Everything worked effortlessly, and I am very pleased with the results.

I did experience some difficulties with networking, only to find out that the original network used was to blame. It works fine at home, and at work.

Hold on, I will eventually get rid of the Windows OS.

It is now the beginning of the beginning of what I hope will be a great experience.