Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th December 2008, 09:43 AM
garyjohn80 Offline

fedora 10 DVD playback video pauses

I'm using fedora 10 and when i playback DVDs the video pauses once every 20 mins or so. The audio continues to play but the video is on a freeze frame. This lasts 10-15 seconds and then plays fine till the next time.
I have tried Kaffiene (my usual favourite for video playback) and vlc both have the same problem.

any help would be appreciated
Old 27th December 2008, 09:05 PM
Carme Offline

Perhaps this is a PulseAudio problem.
I got better (but still not perfect) audio by using the tsched=0 option as explained here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GlitchFreeAudio
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=206868
Old 28th December 2008, 09:11 AM
garyjohn80 Offline

I have perfect sound and have added that line in the past as it said it was an improvement it made it worse for me so i deleted it again.

My issue with dvds doesn't seem to be the sound that continues to play but the picture freezes

many thanks for trying though
Old 14th February 2009, 08:14 PM
Strider2 Offline

I'm also using Fedora 10 and have a similar problem but still slightly different. My video playback (DVD and DVB-T under either Totem or VLC) freezes for about a second about every 10 to 15 seconds. For Audio playback it's the same : it's choppy for a few seconds and then again fluent for about 10 seconds. Remark that audio playback of flac,ogg and mp3 files are perfect and sounds nice.

Any ideas more than welcome.

Tags
dvd, fedora, pauses, playback, video