Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 27th December 2008, 04:09 PM
thylacine222 Offline

KDE4 not running in second monitor? (Dual monitor problem)

OK, I upgraded to F10 yesterday and I'm trying to get my dual monitor set up. I installed the nvidia drivers, and I set the two monitors up for TwinView, and to make sure that windows that I open don't end up in the center of the screen or stretched out across the entire span of the two screens, I enabled Xinerama. This has worked, however, now, appears that Plasma, which I think is the new KDesktop isn't running in the second monitor. Everything renders fine in the left monitor, there's a taskbar and everything, but in the right monitor, it's completely grey. If I right click, no menu comes up for Desktop settings. I can move windows over to the right side, but that's about it, it doesn't let me change the background or anything like that. Is there a way to maintain the limits that Xinerama creates for window sizes while allowing KDE to run on both monitors? I don' t recall having this problem on F8 with KDE3.
Old 27th December 2008, 04:30 PM
thylacine222 Offline

Neeever mind, it fixed itself. Love how that works sometimes.

Now just to fix the audio problem...

Tags
dual, kde4, monitor, problem, running